4ft and 6ft LED Battens UK Free Delivery
Questions? Telephone support is available during office hours on 01562 261026 or you can send an enquiry 24/7 using our Contact Form.
Replacement Flourescent Tubing with LED Battens
LED Battens are proving a very popular replacement for your old fluorescent tube lights as they are far more cost effective, stylish and give you more light. Why would you not switch? We have even written a how-to guide with instructions no how to replace a flourescent tube with LED battens to help you change your fixings and fittings.
The 4ft LED Batten and 6ft LED Batten are the most common sizes used in many homes and commercial premises.
4ft and 6ft Batten Lights explained.
When we refer to the batten as a 4ft or 6ft this is referring to the length of the light. The length of these lights are 4ft or 120cm’s and 180cm or 6ft, however you want to calculate. There are different types of LED Battens for example Slimline.
LED Battens are durable with Anti Corrosion Benefits
These are sleek and stylish lights perfect for your home. Non Corrosive, these are robust and durable to withstand all weathers perfect for farms and commercial units. You can also get linkable battens which are widely popular for use under cabinets and pelmets.
How To Install an LED Batten
- Switch all electric off at the mains.
- Using the provided brackets used to mount the Batten, mark with a pencil where you would like to drill the holes to secure the bracket.
- Once the holes have been marked out go ahead and drill the holes for the screws to go in.
- Then place the plugs in the holes ready for the screws.
- Line up the bracket holes with the ones you have drilled and screw in the screws.
- Then, using a connector block connect the mains wire and the prewired batten together.
- Finally, attach the batten to the mounting brackets with a simple push and clip.
LED Battens are simple and easy to install however we do recommend consulting with an electrician before installing them yourself. Always better to be safe here.
Where to use a 4ft or 6ft LED Batten
There are many application types for LED Battens. The most popular choices for application are in Kitchens, Garages, Commercial Units, Show rooms and Shops. 4ft LED Batten Lights are a perfect size for a small to medium sized kitchen. For larger areas we recommend using the 6ft as the light spans a greater distance.
There are also many different brands of Batten Lights and we stock a wide range including great brands such as Deltech, Venture and Integral. Deltech LED Battens are one of the most popular product ranges they have produced and a favourite amongst many households. They have a sturdy aluminium frame, robust end caps and sleek slimline finish.